Friday, February 24, 2012

[new names]

so yesterday we had our second chinese class and our teacher brought us gifts... chinese names! mine is on the bottom left. it means, (very roughly) talent beautiful flower. chinese class is really hard. i am learning that i am very lucky to have my intelligence, and school comes pretty easily to me. however, chinese is not easy. i was quick to be frustrated with my inability for this to come easily....
anyhow, i am currently at the library which is massive. we taught an english class this morning to the local community. we taught about american families. i learned two huge things. 1.explaining my family is complicated 2. america is a strange place. we move out from our parents home. we have divorce. we are lucky to have siblings. we don't value family the way we should.
i don't feel much like blogging, i'm nice and sick with a fatty migraine & belly ache. so i'll share some pictures instead!
class. our teacher is in the middle

and she scratches the blackboard with her nails when she writes

my tasty hazelnut carmel treat during class

cute coffee shop by school 

a fountain next to campus

our classroom

psych unit visit

in OR/PACU/day surg. my small glimpse of home. 
hope you are well. let me know if there is anything you would like to hear about from me :)

2 comments:

  1. I think your new Chinese name fits you perfectly. Reading over your last few posts (ive been a blog slacker, im sorry) it honestly brings to tears because I can feel your struggle. Just know that everyone back home loves you and is SO proud of you for taking this huge leap and following this unknown path. I have no doubt that you will come home a stronger, wiser, more beautiful person than you were before... if thats possible. You are exactly where youre meant to be right now. Treasure every moment of this experience. lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your kind encouraging words. so glad to know that you can convey this- totally what i need to hear! thanks for letting me know it'll all be okay. lovelovelove!

      Delete